How does the program work?
SSVF helps eligible low-income veterans who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless get safe, stable housing.
The program offers Housing Specialists and a Landlord Liaison that will work with the veteran and you, the Landlord, to smooth their transition into housing.
What does Supportive Services for Veteran Families do for the tenant?
The program can provide temporary financial support to help veterans secure stable rental housing. This can include payments for:
- Application fees
- Regular home visits to check on the veteran and their housing situation
- A Landlord Liaison offers support and resources to help landlords and veterans
Once a veteran connects with the program, a case manager identifies their needs and helps them access benefits that will improve their health and safety.
What can I expect?
- SSVF has many veterans who are already approved for housing funding, and are ready to move in. So, we can help you fill rental units quickly.
- Veterans in the program receive support and tenant education to help them keep their housing. This support can provide you with increased tenancy length and decreased vacancy rates.
- While enrolled in the program, eligible veterans receive rental assistance, which gives you guaranteed rent payments.